- ½ cup of Re-Fried Beans
- ¼ of an onion
- ½ oz chia seeds
- bread chips
- Cut a small onion in four
- Mince peel and mince ¼ of the onion. Chop the onion into very fine slices or pieces so that when mixed with the beans the presence of the onion is not too obvious. You are looking for the taste of the onion.
- Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a pan and add the onions and a pinch of salt until the onions become transparent or slightly brown
- Add the bean paste to the hot onion frittata
- Cook the re-fried beans for about 3 to 5 minutes, until the beans are fully cooked and the onion is completely mixed into the beans
- Let the beans cool in a bowl
- Add ½ oz chia seeds to the cooked Beans and stir
- Enjoy a protein packed snack.
- This recipe is good for a single serving, but can be done for larger servings by adding all the ingredients up for as many people as you want to serve. So 4 people will use 2 cups of beans.
- Serve with tortilla or bread chips for a fun snack